Effective Date: June 29, 2018
- “Non-personal information” is any information that is not “personally information.”
- “Personal information” means personally identifiable information, which is non-public information we receive from your use of the Site that can be used, alone or in combination with other information in our possession, to identify a particular individual natural person. It may include information such as name, address, telephone number and other personal information you provide to us.
- “You” and “your” mean the individual or entity visiting or using our Site.
What personal information do we collect?
We collect personal information that you provide voluntarily which may include, for example, your name, e-mail address, phone number, address, and date of birth, when you:
- Fill out forms or answer questions on the Site;
- Inquire about our services or any employment opportunities;
- Purchase goods or services from us;
- Sign up to receive emails from us; or
- Participate in a survey, promotion, or event.
If you use Site features operated by third party social networking services (such as Facebook, Instagram or Twitter), we may receive information you have made available to those services, including the geographic location of your mobile device and other information about you and your contacts on those services. You should make sure you understand the information your third party social networking services may make available to our Site. We may use and disclose the personal information we receive on our Site through third party social networking services as described in this Privacy Notice.
Does our Company comply with do not track requests?
Your browser may provide you with the option to send a “Do Not Track” signal to websites you visit. This signal is used to request that websites not send the requesting device cookies, but websites have no obligation to respond to such signal or to modify their operation. At the current time, this Site is not programmed to recognize Do Not Track signals, so this Site will not treat you differently if we receive such signals from your browser and we may not comply with Do Not Track settings on your browser.
How does our Company use the information it collects?
We generally use personal information collected for the following purposes:
- To respond to inquiries from users;
- To manage your application for employment with company and contact you in connection with potential employment opportunities;
- To provide you with our services or any other services you have inquired about;
- For marketing and promotional efforts;
- To send you newsletters and other information;
- To provide you with relevant and personalized marketing;
- To improve, expand, or otherwise adjust our services;
- Creating, researching and developing new products and services; and
- To protect the rights or property of company, or our users, clients, partners or others.
To help us optimize the Site, we may allow other authorized third parties to place or recognize unique cookies on your browser. Any information provided to third parties through cookies will not be personally identifiable information (“PII”), but may provide general segment information to enhance your user experience by providing more relevant marketing. We use the data from these third party providers to improve the website and market our products and services. Third party services and tools we use may use the data it collects for its own business purpose. The third party service providers we currently use inlcude:
The above-listed third party services share with undisclosed third-parties the following: aggregate data, anonymous data, PII data and sensitive data. Their data rentention policy is undisclosed.
Does our Company use personal information for advertising purposes?
Company may use your email address to provide you with information regarding our company and service offered by us if you have opted to receive newsletters or other communications from company. Company fully complies with the federal CAN-SPAM Act. You may choose to stop receiving email communications from us at any time by following the link provided in each email. Under what circumstances does company disclose or transfer personal information to others?
There are circumstances in which we will transfer and/or disclose your personal information to third parties. Those circumstances, subject to the limits of applicable law, are as follows:
- Company may transfer personal information to its corporate affiliates for purposes related to its and their products and services, as such offerings may change and develop over time.
- Company reserves the right to release personal information in accordance with applicable law in response to a subpoena, or otherwise when we believe that the law requires us to do so, or when we reasonably believe it is necessary to protect and/or enforce the rights, property interests, or safety of company, our users, clients, clients, partners or others.
- In the event that all or any portion of company is merged with, or becomes part of another organization, or in the event that all or any portion of company is sold or sells all, or substantially all of, its assets, the information you provide may be one of the transferred assets for use by the acquiring entity.
- We may transfer personal information to third parties when we are expressly authorized by applicable law to do so.
- We may transfer personal information to third parties when we have your consent.
- We may transfer or allow access to your information to third party contractors for the purpose of processing information to operate the Site or provide any products or services to you.
If you do not want us to share your information with third party contractors, you may direct us not to share that information by contacting us. If you instruct us not to share your information with third party contractors, some or all of the services or products provided to you may become unavailable.
How you can access and control your personal information
Individual Rights to Access Personal Data
To the extent provided by applicable law, individuals have the right to know what personal information of theirs is stored by us and to ensure that such personal data is accurate and relevant for the purposes for which we collected it. We will make our best effort to allow individuals access to view their own data as well as to correct, to alter or to delete such data.
However, where such access is unreasonable, requires a disproportionate effort, jeopardizes the privacy of other users, or contravenes the law, our policies, or reasonable business practice, requests to access data may be declined. User identification is required to access data for these reasons, and the process and procedures for various types of access may differ. Please contact us for further information.
Choices Relating to Use of Personal Information
We will give you choices about the ways we use and share your personal information, and we will respect the choices you make. Although signing up for some or all of our services may require you to submit personal information, we will ask for your consent if we intend to use that information for any purpose other than which it was provided to us. You may object, restrict or withdraw consent for us to use your personal information at any time.
You may choose to decline to submit any personal information for any of our products or services. Please note that this may result in our being unable to provide said service, including, without limitation, subscription services, even if time remains for your subscription.
What are the California Privacy Rights?
Under Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can obtain certain information from companies with whom they have an established business relationship. That information is about the personal information those companies have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. The law requires companies to inform consumers about the categories of personally information shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the services or products marketed by those third parties. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by BenchPrep under Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact us.
How do you keep my personal information secure?
How long do we retain your personal information?
We retain personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the business purpose for which you provided it to us and any other legitimate business purpose, including without limitation, for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. We may also retain offline archival copies of data for the applicable statutory periods. If you would like more details about our data retention policies, please contact us.
We periodically review our collection, storage and processing procedures and policies to ensure that it is in compliance with applicable law.
Does the Site link to third party sites?
The Site may link to third party sites including social media websites. When using third party sites, you should review the privacy policies of such sites to understand how they collect and use personal information. The privacy policies of the third party sites that you share personal information with will govern the use of your personal information.
How can I make changes to my personal information?
422 W. Eleven Mile Road
Royal Oak, Michigan 48067